Some children in the U.S. have not received all of the recommended immunizations. The following conditions are NOT reasons to delay or avoid immunizations.
Your child CAN still get immunizations if:
Return to main Immunizations page.
- Your child had soreness, redness, or swelling at the injection site after a previous DTaP shot.
- Your child had a fever of less than 105°F (40.5°C) after a previous DTaP shot.
- Your child has a mild illness such as a cold, cough, or diarrhea without a fever.
- Your child is recovering from a mild illness such as a cold, cough, or diarrhea.
- Your child has recently been exposed to an infectious disease.
- Your child is taking antibiotics.
- Your child was premature.
- Your child is breast-feeding.
- Your child has allergies (unless it is an egg allergy).
- Your family has a history of seizures or sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).