As shelter in place orders are gradually being loosened, Foster City Pediatrics physicians are now back to offering in-person Well Child check-ups for children of all ages. We will also still provide Telemedicine sick visits, Telemedicine Well Child visits, and extended phone consultations for a variety of symptoms and illnesses. Your insurance will be billed for all telemedicine and phone consultation encounters.
For all well child and sick visits in the office (except for babies under 2 months old), please limit the number of people coming in with your child to just one parent and the child. Please also fill out the COVID 19 screening questionnaires within 24 hours of the appointment for all persons who will be arriving to the office.
We are committed to continuing to provide sick visits for patients who need our attention but we urge you to keep your child home if just mildly ill. We are available by phone, telemedicine, and email through the Patient Portal for medical advice.
Our practice has put into effect many strict policies to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff and combat the spread of COVID-19 in our community:
- Temperatures are taken of all employees and patients/parents upon entry to the office.
- Sick employees are being asked to stay home.
- We thoroughly disinfect all door handles, exam room surfaces, sink handles and medical equipment prior to each patient.
- We have increased the number of hand sanitizers throughout the office.
- We require all employees and patients over 2 years old to wear masks without ventilation holes during the entire visit.
- We have instated a comprehensive social distancing policy, i.e., our waiting room will remain empty.
- We have removed all magazines, books, and toys in the waiting room and exam rooms.
- Please note: If you know your child or you has been exposed to a confirmed case of coronavirus or you have traveled to one of the high risk countries, please do not walk into our office. Instead, please call us at 650-574-2774 so we can give you appropriate advice.
INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 INFECTION:
We encourage you to visit these sites to obtain up-to-date information regarding the outbreak
CARING FOR YOUR CHILD DURING COVID-19:
- If your children ask about COVID-19, take time to calmly discuss with them the disease in a way they can understand. Read about it by familiarizing yourself with the two websites above. You do not have to offer many details that might sound frightening to them.
- Reassure your children that they are safe. Let them know it’s okay if they feel upset. Share with them how you deal with your own stress so that they can learn how to cope from you.
- Limit your child’s exposure to media coverage of the event. Children might misinterpret what they hear and can be frightened about something they do not understand.
- Help your children to have a sense of structure even while out of school. Talk together about a workable schedule of school work, playtime, and exercise. Incorporate arts, crafts, music, reading, and other hobbies into your schedule. Weather permitting, make sure they get outside for exercise and fresh air. Teach them about “social distancing” strategies if outdoors. Also if you have older children, allow each person some “alone time” and personal privacy every day.