We are very excited to be offering Telemedicine Well Child appointments starting May 11. During this visit we will be able to accomplish the majority of what we do at a normal in-person Well Child Care visit with certain limitations due to the nature of video visits. Following your Telemedicine Well Child visit, we will schedule a follow up visit (Part 2) for the doctor to complete the check-up once we are able to physically see your child in the office. This follow-up visit will be brief and will include checking vital signs, vision and/or hearing, verifying weight and height, and completing portions of the physical exam which could not be completed during the video visit, as well as administering vaccines discussed during the video visit. Due to the nature of a video visit, we will be unable to perform Sports Physicals for school sports clearance in this manner.
To ensure that your child receives the best care possible, please follow the directions below.
Prior to your visit:
- Find a private safe place with good lighting for your visit. During your visit details of your child’s medical history and personal health information will be discussed and a physical examination of your child will take place. Please also have a flashlight (you can also use a light from your smartphone) so that you can assist the doctor in the physical exam for your child.
- Complete the surveys sent through the portal. If your child is over 12 years old, they will need their own portal access to complete the surveys themselves. The surveys are essential in helping your doctor best care for your child. If you are unable to complete the surveys, please contact our office so that our staff can assist you in completing the surveys. Note: If the surveys are not completed before 9:00 am on the day of your appointment, we will reschedule your Telemedicine Well Child Check to another day.
- Try to obtain your child’s temperature, height and weight prior to the appointment. Here is a link with directions on how to obtain an accurate height and weight. If you have a home blood pressure cuff, please try to obtain your child’s blood pressure. https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/childrens_bmi/measuring_children.html/#Height
- Make a list of all of the specialists your child sees.
- Make a list of your child’s medications or have the medications available (but safely out of reach of your child).
- Make a list of questions/concerns that you have for your doctor.
- Have a calendar available to schedule the follow up visit for Part 2 of the Telemedicine Well Child Visit.
On the day of your Telemedicine Well Child Care visit:
- Please have your smartphone and/or tablet/laptop available.
- Connect to the video visit through this link: https://fostercitypeds.doxy.me a few minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Then choose the doctor that you are scheduled to see from the pull down menu and click the “Enter Room” button.
- At the next prompt, please enter your CHILD’s FIRST and LAST NAME.
- Once you are connected, you will be placed in a virtual waiting room. When you are admitted, you must connect to audio and video so that you can see and hear the provider. If you are using a tablet or computer, please have your phone nearby for back-up audio.
- One of the medical assistants will join the meeting to obtain your child’s measurements and information about the medications that your child is taking. Your doctor will then join the meeting.